About the Author
Chris Jennings (Harvard, B.A., Biology 1976/77) is a medical writer. In addition to HIV/AIDS — The Facts and The Fiction and HIV/AIDS in South Africa — The Facts and The Fiction, Chris Jennings wrote and published two prior HIV/AIDS books that were adopted as educational texts by world-renowned hospitals, federal, state, and municipal health agencies, nursing schools, public health schools and universities, including:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institute of AIIergic and Infectious Diseases
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- The Walter Reed Army Medical Institute
- USC Medical Center
- Boston AIDS Action Committee
- Boston City Hospital
- Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
- Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
In addition to conducting investigative research of the scientific and medical literature, Chris Jennings provides writing services to the pharmaceutical, medical, and diagnostic industries. He has written HIV assay (antibody test) specification sheets, articles about the juxtaposition of the HIV assay in the diagnosis and clinical management of HIV infection, articles about diagnostic assay architecture, and clinical trial reports for submission to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on several antiretroviral drugs and drugs versus AIDS-related opportunistic infections.
Chris Jennings is also a Massachusetts-Certified Teacher of Biology for Secondary Schools who taught Earth Science and Biology in the Boston Public Schools. Chris Jennings was also an accomplished Fencer. He was the former Junior Foil and Junior Epee Champion of the United States, a member of the U.S. Fencing Teams for the Under-20 World Championships in Madrid, the Under-20 World Championships in Buenos Aires, and the World University Games in Moscow.
A list of clients serviced by Chris Jennings
* Performed services as subcontractor
Biotechnological & Pharmaceutical
- Abbott Laboratories *
- Aciex Therapeutics, Inc. *
- Agouron Pharmaceuticals Akorn, Inc. *
- Alcon Incorporated *
- Amakem NV *
- Astra Pharmaceuticals, LP
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated *
- Bayer HealthCare LLC
- Bayer AG *
- Burroughs Wellcome Co. *
- Coley Pharmaceutical Group
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- GelTex Pharmaceuticals
- Genzyme Corporation
- Genzyme Surgical Products
- Lederle-Praxis Biologicals *
- Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc. *
- Hoechst-Roussel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. *
- Idenix Pharmacueticals, Inc.
- MTRA, Inc. OCuSOFT, Inc. *
- RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sepracor, Inc.
- Serono Laboratories, Inc.
- SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals *
- Xigen SA *
- Zoll Medical Corporation
Diagnostic, Medical, and Scientific
- ActivX Biosciences, Inc.*
- Aspect Medical Systems
- Bayer Diagnostics, Bayer Health Care LLC
- Nucleic Acid Diagnostics, Bayer Health Care LLC
- C.R. Bard, Inc.
- Biosphere Medical
- Boston Biomedical Research Institute
- Corning Medical *
- Hologic, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Instrumentation Laboratory Matritech, Inc.
- Millipore Corporation
- Siemens Medical Electronics
- The Baker Company *
- Thermedics, Inc.*
- Waters Corporation Zimmer, Inc. *
- Zoll Medical Corporation
- Houghton Mifflin Publishing Co.
- Addison-Wesley Publishing Co.
- Little Brown Publishing Co.
- D.C. Health Publishing Co.
- Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co
- Grupo Editorial Norma
- Health Alert Communications